appreciation and recognition
Girl Scouts of Hawai`i believes that our volunteers are the lifeblood of the Girl Scout Movement. You give selflessly of your time and talents to help build girls of courage, confidence, and character.
Volunteer “Thank You!” Spotlight
If you know of an outstanding adult volunteer, please let us know! We will create a “Thank You” page below to honor and celebrate their efforts! To nominate a volunteer, send the volunteer’s name, Girl Scouts affiliation, a 100-word volunteer description, and a photo of them in Girl Scout action to email@example.com!
Volunteer of Excellence: To recognize a volunteer who has contributed outstanding service to girls and adult members of GSH in support of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and the mission to develop girls of courage, confidence and character for at least 1 membership year.
- Volunteer of Excellence Award Nomination Instructions
- Volunteer of Excellence Nomination Fillable Form
Appreciation Pin: This award acknowledges the efforts of a volunteer who has provided continuous outstanding service in a Service Unit Leadership position for at least 2 membership years.
Honor Pin: This award acknowledges the efforts of a volunteer who has provided continuous outstanding service to two or more GSH Service Units in a leadership position for at least 2 membership years.
Deadline to apply for all awards is April 20th 2016
The President’s Volunteer Service Award – The premier volunteer awards program, encouraging United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States through presidential recognition to live a life of service. Your recognition inspires others to take positive action to change the world.
Any individual, family or group that meets the program’s criteria can receive Presidential recognition for volunteer hours served over a 12-month period or over the course of a lifetime. Criteria for recognition are:
- Recipients must be United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States.
- Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only. Additional levels of participation with the organization, i.e. charitable support, are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Awards are issued by approved by a Certifying Organization (Girl Scouts of Hawaii)
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories.
How do I begin:
1. 1. Download and read the Overview of the PVSA, here
2. Register for the PVSA at: www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
3. The site will ask for a “Record of Service Key” in the profile page. The key for GSH is: RPZ-63726
4. Each Service Unit has been set up as a group under the Girl Scouts of Hawai`i. Please find your Service Unit Service Key and link your profile with this group.
· DTW-463G KoleKole SU (Schofield, Wahiawa)
· SGC-393Q Ewa / Kapolei SU
· ZMG-684P Manoa SU
· QWT-963Q Kaneohe SU
· HBJ-728K Honolulu West SU
· XRS-329J Koko Head SU
· GTZ-954C Hickam, Ohana and Pearl Harbor SU
· GVV-854T Honolulu East SU
· BZJ-498L Kaahumanu SU (Pearl City, Salt Lake)
· GNX-862F Rainbow SU (Mililani)
· ZWJ-543L Hui Hookela SU (Kailua)
· XPP-728R Kauai
· CQS-587W Maui and Lanai
· VPT-598G Big Island
5. If you are a volunteer, please complete the Individual Volunteer Tracking Log to accurately track your volunteer hours. For girls under the age of 14 (who cannot log their hours online), please use the provided tracking log that should be turned in to your Troop Leaders.
6. Submit a copy of your completed form to your Troop Leader (keep your originals) to certify the hours. Your Troop Leader will work with your SU Manager to submit the Troop Tracking Log form to a Council representative, and your hours will be verified online.
7. After you have received the approval from your Troop Leader, enter in your volunteer hours via the PVSA website and submit online.
8. When your Council representative is forwarded a copy of the approved form from your SU Manager, he/she will approve of your status online.
If you are a troop manager or SU Manager, please click here to download instructions on the President’s Volunteer Service Award.