girl’s guide to girl scouting
What is Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting?
In September 2011, Girl Scouts USA debuted this exciting new resource for girls. Girls at each grade level have their own Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting, so there are six publications. It is a 9×12 standard three-ring binder, so girls can add pages and other mementos to it.
Each Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting contains:
- A colorful, easy-to-use binder specially designed for girls at each level. The binder comes chock full of essential information and badge activities—plus girls get to customize their own experience by choosing and adding in additional badge sets.
- Legacy, Financial Literacy, and Cookie Business badge activities—or, for Girl Scout Daisies, petal and leaf activities. For more information about the National Proficiency badges, check out How the National Girl Scout Program Portfolio Works (PDF).
- A detailed diagram showing where girls place the badges, pins, or awards with pride on their vests or sashes.
- Ideas to help girls tie their badges right into their Journeys.
- Vintage illustrations and quotes from Girl Scout history to help girls feel connected to the proud traditions of the past.
- An awards log showing girls every award and badge available at their level, as well as the entire badge program at every level, so girls can see how their skills will grow in Girl Scouting.
See National Proficiency Badges (PDF) for some examples of badge progression.