The Travel Pathway is one of six ways in which girls can participate in Girl Scouts. It is available to any girl regardless of her previous Girl Scout involvement or economic resources. Girls have a chance to understand the Girl Scout Leadership Experience through the three keys (Discover, Connect, Take Action) in all travel programs whether domestic or international.
The sky’s the limit! What are you waiting for! For pre-planned options, choose from Destinations, Getaways or International Events! For more information on any of these programs, follow the links provided or read on for details.
Destinations are nationally sponsored trip exclusively designed for Girls Scouts where girls apply for the trip and can be chosen year round! Just follow these quick steps and you could be on your way! Some examples of Destinations locations include Chile, Japan and Alaska.
See below for details on how to register for Destinations programs.
Application process for Destinations program
1. Visit the Destinations webpage and select your destination.
2. Download the Destinations Girl Application 2014 and complete. Make a photocopy for yourself.
3. Make sure you and your parent/guardian sign the last page.
4. Mail to:
Girl Scouts of Hawai`i
410 Atkinson Drive, Suite 2E1, Box 3
Honolulu, HI 96814; Attn: Destinations Program
5. Please give Girl Scouts of Hawai`i a minimum one month to review your application. Take a look at the Destinations timeline on the Destinations website. There is an “early” and a “late” application deadline. If you miss the “early” application deadline, your application will be placed with the “late” applications. While you can use the same short answers and references for each event you apply for, you will need to write a separate essay for each event. You can apply for up to four Destinations.
6. Please write your essays on separate pages, using one page per essay.
7. Be sure to put your name and the event on the top of each page of your application.
8. Girl Scouts of Hawai`i will email you and your guardian a copy of your signed application or will contact you if further clarification is needed on your application. Council will mail the original application and reference letters to the Sponsor for their approval.
9. The Sponsor will contact you regarding your acceptance into the program.
10. If you have any questions about the Destinations program, please contact Jennifer Kondo at 808-675-5520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getaways are short-term travel opportunities designed for Girl Scout troops or groups. Some examples of Getaways locations include Chicago, California and Washington, D.C. Click on the link above for more information.
Visit the Getaways web page for details on how to register for individual programs.
International Events include programs and camping events hosted by international scouting and guiding organizations through the World Association of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting World Center. Some examples of International locations include India, England and Mexico. Click on the link above for more information.
Visit the International Events web page for details on how to register for individual programs.