July 17, 2015
For Overnight (3 days):
3rd grade or older in Fall
Cost $70.00* for girls and adults
*$60 EARLY BIRD RATE FOR THOSE WHO REGISTER 6/1 – 6/8*
Time – 5:00 pm (Friday) 7/17 until 11:00 am (Sunday) 7/19
Please click the registration button for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Only 1 Adult chaperone per Troop may register for this event
For Day Camp Only:
Cost $40 for girls or $35 for adults
EARLY BIRD RATE FROM 6/1-6/8: $30 for GIRLS, $25 for ADULTS
Time – 8:30 am until 4:30 pm, Saturday 7/18
July 25, 2015
Troop leaders are invited to spend the morning recognizing the hard work of exceptional volunteers, as well as participating in two sessions of hands-on activities.
The focus will be on:
- Clarifying the difference between the higher awards.
- Answering the question, “What is a take action project, and how do I make one happen?”
- Providing resources on Girl Scout traditions, and learning how to include them in your troop and Service Unit meetings.
- Announcing the “Ladder to Leadership”, (LIA, PA, CIT, JT VIT, etc.)
- Creating a girl-led program at any program level.
Open to ALL ADULT VOLUNTEERS! Childcare will be available, if needed.
July 26, 2015
Join the Girl Scouts of the Big Island for a day at Imiloa!
$10/pp – girl or adult (children under 3, free)
9:30 to 10:00 Check in
10:00 to 11:00 Planetarium show – no one will be allowed to enter once the show begins.
11:00 to 12:00 Brown bag lunch in picnic area
12:00 to 1:30 Explore the exhibition hall
For more information click the registration button:
August 8, 2015
Daisies and parents will have a busy morning of airplanes, flying, experiments, and demonstrations! Use a variety of materials to construct different flying machines, and participate in an airplane race. The morning ends with an Awards Ceremony when you will be presented with wings, a certificate, and a patch.
Cost: $17 for Daisies ($15 program and $2 for patch)
Closed-toe shoes REQUIRED. No slippers, flip-flops, or sandals of any type allowed.
In order to qualify to take the PA and CIT Basic Training, each girl must complete the following:
- Each incoming 6th, 7th, or 8th grade Cadette is required to have completed at least one (1) LIA award. Incoming 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th graders must have worked with younger girls in troop, service unit, or outside events.
- Each girl is required to submit a completed Girl Health Information for council Programs form at check-in. Do NOT use the Girl Health History form. (a link to the correct form will be in your confirmation email.)
- All participants must be registered members of GSUSA for 2014-2015.
- All participants should bring a bottle with water. Snacks will be provided.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and your sash or vest.
You will complete your PA and CIT award by completing the service requirements to younger Girl Scouts. This training is just one step in earning this leadership award.
Registration will close on August 4th, 2015 at 5:59pm HST.
September 18, 2015
Come jump start your Senior Girl Scout experience or earn your Senior Summit Award completing your third journey with the Senior Sow What? Journey in a relaxing fun weekend at Camp!
SAVE THE DATE! Registration coming soon
Senior Girls, entering 9th grade or higher in the fall, will spend a weekend at Camp Paumalu earning their Senior Sow What? Journey. Individual girls or troops may register for this camp. Sow What? Book ($7), Award Pin ($8), or Award Patch ($2.50) may be optionally purchased at time of registration. Girls and leaders will be separated and placed into TEAMS for camp.
Leaders/Chaperones are not required to attend. If a leader/chaperone does attend please no more than 1 per 10 girls attending.
Leaders/chaperones/parents/guardians will sleep in the same unit but not the same tent/cabin as the girls.
Friday September 18 – Sunday September 20th
Camp Begins: Friday 5:30 PM for check-in ***BYO-DINNER – no nuts***
Program Begins: Friday 6:30 PM
Camp Ends: Sunday at 11:45 AM
*** Bring 3 Non Perishable items to be donated to the Food Bank ***
*** Food preferences/allergies/intolerances are EXTREMELY important that the camp staff has prior knowledge due to this Journey being food based – please note ALL in Special Needs ***
***Homework will be provided after registration and is required to attend camp***
October 10, 2015
Registration coming in the near future!
December 12, 2015
Registration coming in the near future!